A Myers’ cocktail is an increasingly popular intravenous therapy.
The late John Myers, MD, was the first to introduce this vitamin and mineral treatment. He designed this formula to potentially treat several clinical conditions including fatigue, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, and many more.
The Myers cocktail, along with IV fluids, is a very fast way to get critical nutrients into your body. We can have you in and out of the clinic in about 15 minutes.
• A Stronger Immunity to Beat Colds and Flus
• Better Nerve Health to Fight Fibromyalgia
• Improved Memory
• Supports Bone Health
• Boosted Energy Levels
• Help Prevent & Treat Migraines
• Improves Blood Health & Circulatory System
• Improved Mood and Vitality
How It Works
Named for the late John Myers, M.D., the Myers Cocktail is an infusion of multiple vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, vitamin C, calcium and magnesium. This nutrient cocktail is injected into the body via IV. This blend of ingredients has a range of benefits and work together to boost your overall health and wellness.
The standard Myers’ cocktail includes:
• Vitamins: Vitamin C, B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12
• Calcium: Calcium aids bone formation and strength. It also can help control irregular heartbeats.
• Magnesium: Generally stored in bones, muscles, and soft tissues. It has been found to reduce fatigue, migraines, muscle spasms and may even help those at risk of cardiovascular diseases.3
• Zinc: Zinc has been proven to help regulate the immune system. Zinc is not naturally created in the body. Deficiency of zinc can lead to subsequent health issues.
• Glutathione: Glutathione is a potent antioxidant that naturally occurs in the body. Glutathione aids the immune system and has been found to help in the prevention of cancer, cystic fibrosis, HIV, and the normal aging process.
• Saline Solution: All ingredients for the Myers’ cocktail are combined in an IV bag usually consisting of normal saline.
Frequently asked questions
A Myers’ cocktail IV treatment is administered intravenously and requires a licensed healthcare professional to deliver the treatment.
Depending on the infusion rate and total bag volume, the treatment usually takes between 30-90 minutes and usually involves minimal pain. The IV administration is performed by seating the patient, placing a tunicate on their upper arm, and disinfecting the entry point. Then, a small butterfly catheter needle is inserted into the vein. The needle is held in place with a piece of medical tape and the IV bag is connected.
These IVs tend to drip for 30-90 minutes before the bag is depleted. It is recommended that IVs are set to drip slower for first-time users to minimize negative side effects, which may include dizziness, discomfort, or nausea.
Patients getting Myers’ Cocktail IV therapy rarely have any side effects. All through the infusion, you’ll have a trained medical practitioner monitoring you. Possible after-effects can include slight soreness at the injection site and feelings of heat.
Our protocol includes weekly Myer’s cocktail infusions for eight weeks. The patients who experience relief with this treatment usually see an improvement after six weeks.
For most, the cocktail can be administered one to two times per week, with beneficial effects often becoming noticeable by the fourth visit. After this fourth visit, the continuation and frequency of treatments are entirely up to you and the professional opinion of your physician.
When asked who should consider a Myers’ cocktail infusion, there is no single answer. Because of the high dose of antioxidants, nutrients, and other immune-boosting factors, individuals who have weakened immune systems or diseases that negatively impact immune resilience may benefit from receiving a Myers’ cocktail IV treatment.
Studies have found the Myers’ cocktail may be benefit patients who:
• Suffer from low energy
• Perform athletic exercises
• Suffer from chronic fatigue
• Require intravenous hydration
• Seek relief from hangover or withdrawal symptoms
• Suffer from depression or anxiety